PROJECT: STORMWATER IMPROVEMENTS – FASSNIGHT CREEK AT THE SPRINGFIELD ART MUSEUM (2019PW0032)
Based on feedback from contractors, the following revisions have been incorporated into the Stormwater Improvements to Fassnight Creek at Springfield Art Museum (2019PW0032) project:
- Simplified the void-filled rip rap specification to include locally sourced river gravel infill materials,
- Simplified void-filled rip rap installation specification to allow a layered approach,
- Reduced the overall quantity of void-filled rip rap specified in the plans and, where feasible, replaced with equivalently rated turf reinforcement mat,
- Allowing for equivalent articulated concrete block mat in lieu of void-filled rip rap,
- Reducing the amount of sanitary sewer work and retaining the existing sanitary sewer infrastructure in the vicinity of the Kings Ave. bridge,
- Lining existing clay pipes, that are to remain in-place, with a cured in place pipe (CIPP) prior to construction to provide additional structural integrity to the existing pipes,
- Providing sewer by-pass pumping by City crews for up to 7 days,
- Included a sanitary sewer contingency Job Special Provision to address and share the risk associated with the sanitary sewer work,
- Allowing additional flexibility for contractors regarding the notice to proceed date by granting a longer period following contract execution to identify, and mutually agree upon, a notice to proceed date for construction of the project, and
- Provided local soil disposal site on City owned property for use, at Contractor’s option.
The City of Springfield is seeking qualified contractors to perform the demolition of existing reinforced concrete bridges and existing concrete channel to restore approximately 1,000 linear feet of Fassnight Creek. The project area is approximately 1.5 total acres located south of the Springfield Art Museum and areas of E. Brookside Ave. Construction includes sanitary sewer main improvements, roadway alignment and paving modifications on E. Brookside, and construction of portions of a segmented block retaining wall and concrete reinforced bridge structures. Contractor will be required to demolish and remove existing structural concrete bridges and existing concrete channel lining so that the alignment and cross sections of the creek can be modified. The construction includes naturalized installations including rock pools and native Missouri plantings. The contractor will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of traffic control and sediment and erosion control for the duration of the project.
Bidding documents and any addendums are available by accessing the City’s e-bidding service, Demand Star https://www.demandstar.com/supplier/bids/agency_inc/bid_list.asp?f=search&mi=548029
PRE-BID CONFERENCE: A pre-bid conference will be held on November 4, 2020, at 3:00pm CST via videoconference through Zoom. To participate, email the Buyer, Margaret Juarez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the link and password. The Pre-Bid Conference is not mandatory; however, attendance is strongly advised.
Bids must be received electronically in the City’s e-bidding service provider DemandStar by 3:00 P.M. CST on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2020.
All wages paid for work under this Contract shall comply with requirements of the prevailing wage law of the State of Missouri, Sec 290.210 et seq., R.S. Mo., as amended by the Division of Labor Standards, State of Missouri and regulations promulgated by the Division of Labor, or by the U.S. Secretary of Labor in accordance with the Federal Davis-Bacon Act (Title 40 U.S.C. Chapter 31, subchapter IV), whichever is higher. The City of Springfield hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.