Who We Are
The Springfield Contractors Association was formed in 1953 with the purpose of improving relationships and conditions and promoting quality throughout our industry. Our 300+ member firms represent the broad scope of our local construction scene and employ nearly 10,000 people in our area, which is expanding to include the entire Southwest Missouri region.
It is the mission of the Springfield Contractors Association to further the interests of the local construction industry, while at the same time providing a safe work environment for employees and the general public. We further strive to cultivate working relationships with local government agencies, community leaders, architects and engineers. Fulfillment of this mission is pivotal to the development of our community.
What Does Springfield Contractors Do?
- Promote our industry and the use of local people at all levels, and work to improve the interrelationships of all those involved
- Work with governmental units and the private sector on building code and specification work
- Work with community leaders on programs for community betterment
- Support the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Work with local architects and engineers to enhance working relationships and work quality
- Work cooperatively with the Department of Industrial Technology at MSU for our mutual benefit, and act as a sponsor for the MSU Construction Club
- Support the Construction Technology Program at OTC
- Provide scholarships to local college students
- Support SCA’s Generation Next – a group of young professionals in the Design & Construction Industry
- Honor Developer of the Year with an award for outstanding community development
- Cooperate with other local organizations to present the Salute to Construction
- Sponsor educational seminars for members on topics of concern for the industry
- Provide monthly General Meetings and social activities throughout the year
- We disseminate information about the Association, our members and other items of interest by email, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Maintain a website which includes Recommended Bidding Procedures and the SCA-AIA Bid Date Calendar
- Provide a central location for taking applications and making names of qualified workers available to members through the Springfield Contractors Employment Referral Service
- Maintain an office and executive staff to serve the members and achieve the goals of the Association
How to Join
If you are interested in joining the Springfield Contractors Association, return the SCA Membership Application to the SCA Office or by email to email@example.com. All applications must be approved by the SCA Board of Directors to be official.