The revised City Utilities Policy 5.11 – Extension Policy will go into effect on January 1, 2022. Click here for the full Extension Policy.
Some of the major revisions include:
- Extension Feasibility Analysis for all natural gas extensions and services
- Just as we do with electric extensions, we will do a feasibility analysis based on a 10 year payback to determine the cost, if any, for gas extensions or services.
- Water extensions to existing residential homes
- City Utilities may assist with the cost of the extension of water to existing residential homes not served by CU water at this time.
- Service Retirements
- All service retirements, gas, water and electric, will be done at no cost to the customer.
- Service Pricing
- Please see the Policy for all new service fees. Water service and temporary electric fees are increasing, but may be offset by the reduced cost of a gas service and no cost for service retirements.