November General Membership Meeting
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Networking & Breakfast Buffet 7:15 am | Program 7:30 am
$20 per person in advance | $25 after registration deadline
Diamond Room | Knights of Columbus
Practical Digital Marketing Tips for Real Humans
Gabriel & Kylie Cassady, 2 Oddballs
Sponsor: Mid-America Safety and Environmental
The registration deadline is Monday, November 2, at 10 a.m. Cancellations must be made by the registration deadline to receive a refund.
Register online here.
Salute to Design & Construction Awards Banquet
The Salute to Design & Construction Council invites you to the 36th annual Salute to Design & Construction Awards Banquet!
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Virtual Awards Banquet 6-7:30 p.m.
Are you planning on hosting a watch party? We may not be able to celebrate in one room, but we’re looking forward to celebrating together!
Tag Salute and the SCA on social media, and use #SaluteConstruction to join in on the virtual conversation. We would love to see your photos and well wishes for all of the award recipients!
The event will be streamed at no cost on Salute to Construction’s brand new YouTube page here! The actual event link will be posted the evening of the event.
AIA Craftsman of the Year
AIA Superintendent of the Year
NAWIC Rose Bud Woman of the Year
NAWIC Vesta Woman of the Year
SCA Design Team of the Year
SCA Developer of the Year
Salute Lifetime Achievement
Local Scholarship Recipients
Click here for more information.
Fassnight Creek Stormwater Improvement Bid Update
Based on feedback from contractors, the following revisions were incorporated into the Stormwater Improvements to Fassnight Creek at Springfield Art Museum (2019PW0032) project:
1. Simplified the void-filled rip rap specification to include locally sourced river gravel infill materials,
2. Simplified void-filled rip rap installation specification to allow a layered approach,
3. Reduced the overall quantity of void-filled rip rap specified in the plans and, where feasible, replaced with equivalently rated turf reinforcement mat,
4. Allowing for equivalent articulated concrete block mat in lieu of void-filled rip rap,
5. Reducing the amount of sanitary sewer work and retaining the existing sanitary sewer infrastructure in the vicinity of the Kings Ave. bridge,
6. Lining existing clay pipes, that are to remain in-place, with a cured in place pipe (CIPP) prior to construction to provide additional structural integrity to the existing pipes,
7. Providing sewer by-pass pumping by City crews for up to 7 days,
8. Included a sanitary sewer contingency Job Special Provision to address and share the risk associated with the sanitary sewer work,
9. Allowing additional flexibility for contractors regarding the notice to proceed date by granting a longer period following contract execution to identify, and mutually agree upon, a notice to proceed date for construction of the project, and
10. Provided local soil disposal site on City owned property for use, at Contractor’s option.
Click here for more information.
Are you hiring?
The SCA has a job board at https://www.springfieldcontractors.org/jobs/ if you are hiring! Send the job description, how to apply, and a copy of your logo to Megan at email@example.com to post the positions you need to fill.
Online Job Board available here.
2020 Calendar of Remaining Events
Dates are subject to change. Please reference the SCA Calendar of Events for up to date information at www.springfieldcontractors.org/events.
The SCA Calendar of Events also features local bid opportunities!
November 3 – General Membership Meeting (Breakfast) – $20 tickets in advance, $25 after registration deadline
November 5 – Salute Awards Banquet (*not just SCA)
Stay tuned for the 2021 Calendar of Events!