skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- If Owner requests Value Engineering, negotiate with the low Subcontractor and Supplier only in each trade category.
- If an unreasonable bid is received, notify Subcontractor/Supplier immediately so they can correct or pull their bid prior to bid time.
- Contract with the Subcontractor or Supplier whose bid you used at bid time. (Based on the Subcontractor or Supplier cooperating on value engineering.)
- If a certain Subcontractor’s/Supplier’s bid won’t be used, don’t solicit their bid. Let them know why.
- Material, etc., substitutions must be requested a minimum of five (5) working days prior to bid time. Use “Request for Substitution During Bidding” form.
- Do not use a Subcontractor’s or Supplier’s bid if not received at least one (1) hour prior to bid time.
- Let Subcontractors and Suppliers know as soon as possible if their bids were used.
- Let Subcontractors and Suppliers know as soon as possible where their bids were dollor-wise.